The Libya Transition Initiative (LTI) program is seeking a Finance Manager.
LTI project is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), through a contract with Chemonics International. The project supports the transition from the Qadhafi regime to a free and democratic Libya by supporting civil society, strengthening local and independent media outlets, and augmenting interim government authorities. The finance manager is a member of the field office finance team. The finance manager reports to the Operations Manager.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
· Supervise all aspects of financial management and accounting for three field offices in Tripoli, Benghazi, and Sabha.
· Oversee payroll and ensure appropriate tax withholdings.
· Ensure that subcontractor invoices and payments are in compliance with payment terms and subcontracted deliverables.
· Maintain central accounting files.
· Manage and monitor project bank accounts.
· Petty cash reconciliation and replenishment.
· Enter all local financial transactions (eg. petty cash, subcontract payments, etc) into project accounting system
· Manage project and field accounting systems and internal day-to-day financial operations
· Ensure that all back-up supporting documentation and approvals are available before issuing any payment.
· Facilitates vendor payment either through direct bank wire transfer or issuance of bank check.
· Ensure all financial documentation is both filed in hard copy and scanned and saved in project digital files.
· General assistance to the Operations Manager, with such tasks as expense reports, travel advances, and contacting vendors.
· Other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications
· Advanced studies in relevant field, such as accounting, commerce or business administration, or equivalent experience.
· A minimum of at least five years of experience in accounting and administrative support.
· Knowledge of Libyan tax regulations is strongly preferred.
· Experience administering a payroll is strongly preferred.
· Demonstrated working knowledge of accounting systems and software applications, to include: Quickbooks, MS Word, MS Excel and other basic computer applications.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, and to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines consistently.
· Ability to work in a professional and cordial manner with colleagues, visitors and the general public.
· Fluent Arabic is required, English proficiency is acceptable although English fluency is strongly preferred.
Please send CV's to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Finance Manager” as the subject line.