Invites applications for the post of Finance Manager in our Tripoli offices.
MAIN AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The Finance Manager is responsible for the effective and efficient organization of the Finance Department in its supporting function within Wintershall Libya and as data provider for internal and external customers. The Finance Manager guarantees compliance with legal requirements as well as with Wintershall / BASF internal requirements and guidelines and works on the constant improvement of the department’s performance and qualification of staff.
- Advise and support Senior Management on Finance issues (such as budgeting, economics, accounting, reporting and procurement)
- Liaise and cooperate with relevant Head Office departments, providing required information and analysis
- Implement, observe and ensure compliance of systems, processes and procedures with Libyan Laws and Wintershall / BASF regulations and guidelines, implementing any necessary changes
- Observe budget compliance
- Be a competent partner for the Finance Staff in the constant enhancement of processes, procedures and systems
- Guarantee complete and correct external and internal reporting
- Coordinate efficient audit processes
- Manage, supervise and further develop Finance Staff and relevant sections
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Libyan national
- University degree in Finance or Accounting
- Fluent in English and Arabic (spoken and written)
- Strong analytical thinking skills, well-organized and structured approach to work
- Computer literate; expertise in Excel, Word, SAP R/3 and BW desirable
- Comprehensive accounting knowledge (including IFRS); capability to quickly understand and implement new rules and requirements
- Strong communication skills coupled with cooperative and team-oriented leadership style
- At least 5 years’ experience in a comparable function preferably in relevant industry
- Oil & gas experience
- International experience preferable
To apply for this position please send your CV together with a covering letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that you should state the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
Closing date for applications: August 31, 2012.
Unfortunately we will be unable to acknowledge applications, but will contact those selected for interview directly.
Wintershall is a subsidiary of BASF, the largest chemical company in the world, and has been active in the exploration and production of oil and gas in Libya since 1958. Our main office is located in Tripoli and our production facilities are located near Jakhira.