This job advert was posted over 60 days ago.
ASSISTANT SALES MANAGER
- Development and implementation of the Sales objectives in the assigned area, aligned to the business objectives
- Ensure an efficient and effective operation in order to deliver the defined objectives
- Responsible for developing the annual and monthly sales plan, Product, Volume and Value wise in consonance with the annual business plan.
- Market Information – Regular visits to traditional & modern markets; collect & collate a database for competitive products, pricing, players; and other relevant details about supplier, importer & local distributor. Identify and exploit market opportunities for spikes in sales volumes as also combat competitor activity through appropriately designed sales promotion activity.
- Route to Market – Mapping & understanding the entire route to market & channel, from point of clearing at the port, all the way to the consumers.
- Regional Travel – Regular visits to regional markets; collecting relevant market information useful for positioning & extending the reach & penetration of our products and identifying key importers & distributors in respective markets.
- Report preparation – Regular report preparation for MIS purposes or, any specific information as desired from time to time.
- Business development – Identifying & meeting key importers in conjunction with manager in order to initiate business.Periodically review performance of distributor’s sales staff with the objective of improving performance, analyzing opportunities and building greater result orientation.
- Customer Service – Ensure customer relationships and service levels in term of order fulfilment, merchandising, in shop promos, frequency of service and complaints handling.
- Administer the credit policy of the company and ensure collections within the specified credit limits.
- Business communications – with importers or, key distributors, in conjunction with the manager, in order to initiate business.
- Other relevant information – liaising with relevant people in collecting data on imports from customs, market size estimation or, any other information as required from time to time.
Experience & Education
- Ideally 6+ years of relevant functional experience in reputed Companies, in Consumer food Industry
- Technical or functional qualification with a Management Degree/Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration with specialization in Sales & Distribution/Marketing from a reputed Business School.
- Track record of strong people leadership and distributor management
- Should be proficient in Portuguese and English languages
Functional Knowledge & Skills
- Sales budgeting and Forecasting
- Customer services
- Good understanding of Sales accounting
Managerial & Interpersonal Skills
- Motivating, coaching and developing people
- Ability to solve conflicts
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders
- Effective communication, presentation and facilitation
Key Success Factors
- Profitable Selling
- DOTIF (Delivery on time in Full)
- Forecast accuracy
- Effective distributor management
- Customer Satisfaction targets
- English (mandatory)
- Arabic (mandatory)
- French (optional)
Date posted 06-09-2012
Viewed: 1114 times
Ads by Google