Danish Demining Group (DDG) is the branch of the Danish Refugee Council that focuses on human security programming. DDG strives to identify safety and security needs from the perspective of those living with conflict and to help them find non-violent solutions. These go beyond traditional mine action activities which reduce the threat posed by explosive remnants of war. Through Community Safety projects we engage communities in seeking out durable solutions to local safety and security problems. DDG has worked in Libya since August 2011 and Sabha since August 2012.
DDG is planning to continue its community safety program in Sabha and is looking for a new Project Officer.
Responsibilities and Tasks
• Help to organize and facilitate Community Safety and youth empowerment workshops
• Support, monitor and evaluate, the implementation of projects and plans conducted by youth beneficiaries and partners
• Assist with reporting about activities, as required by the Team Leader
• Maintain regular contact with community leaders to ensure open communication with the community
• Provide assistance in identifying potential partners
• Provide assistance on all other project activities as required by the Team Leader
• Monitor project expenses with support from the Team Leader and Project Manager
• Contribute to the safety of all project staff
• Other reasonable tasks as requested by the Team Leader and Project Manager
Qualifications and requirements
• A University Degree in social science, political science or related field;
• Strong Skills, or interest, in facilitation of workshops and trainings
• Extensive experience of working with communities, and awareness raising,
• At least 1 years’ experience of project implementation including monitoring and evaluation;
• Excellent writing and communication skills in English and Arabic
• Experience of assisting with project finances;
• A team player: able to demonstrate a constructive, cooperative and problem-solving approach;
• High degree of computer literacy
• The ability to travel to Tripoli, or Tunisia to participate in trainings or other meetings with Project Management.
if you are interested please press in the link in below:
Deadline will be on 20th April