International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in undeserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/SCOPE OF WORK: (Essential functions, quality/quantity expected list of marginal duties and number of national/and or expat staff supervised)
The Senior Finance and Administrative Officer (SFAO) is responsible for the day to day administrative and financial activities in the field including human resources and ensure that all requirements are process in due time in compliance with IMC’s national staff policy & financial policies and procedures. This position includes frequent movement/travel between Tripoli & Misrata to ensure proper support is given to the finance/admin assistant & human resources assistant.
The tasks include are not limited to;
1) Review the process and payments to staffs, suppliers, contractor, etc.
2) Ensure all supporting documents attached to the vouchers are available and in accordance with donor’s regulations and policy as well as IMC’s financial and procurement policies and procedures
3) Monitor and report any outstanding operational advances to FAD to ensure an appropriate and timely liquidation of them
4) Supervise the maintenance of an organize filing system of vouchers to ensure the immediate availability of the documents
5) Collaborate with the banks all financial and banking matters such as collection of bank statements, cash withdrawal/deposit, payments etc.
6) Check the accuracy, authenticity and completeness of all supporting documents attached to the voucher prior to release of payments by FAA
7) Ensure that Cash Transaction Journal (CTJ) and Bank Transaction Journal are updated on daily basis in Cost Point
8) Perform the physical cash count of field sites Petty Cash (PC) fund and ensure to report the daily cash balance to HQ LA/Split.
9) Review the monthly cash reconciliation and bank reconciliation report from the field to ensure cash are balance with the BTJ, CTJ & cash count
10) Prepare the fund transfer request to HQ Split to replenishment PC fund of field sites
Financial Management and Coordination
1) Consolidate daily cash reports (cash & bank) from field sites and send the daily cash balance to HQ LA/Split
2) Coordinate with field Logistics department and Finance/Admin Assistant various audit requirements (Internal Auditor’s ToT and External Auditors project/financial audit)
3) Assist FAD in identifying external auditor to do the project audit whenever needed
4) Support and guide program staffs on IMC’s financial policy & procedures
5) Provide support to Logistics and Procurement staffs in ensuring compliance with IMC’s Procurement Policy & Procedures
Administrative tasks in day to day activities in the field
1) Responsible to keep an organize filing system of finance documents in the field site to ensure immediate availability of them for quick reference
2) Supervise the monthly scanning of HRA & FAA to be sent to IA Split Croatia
3) Upload scanning documents in ICloud system
4) Perform other tasks assigned by the FM and FAD
QUALIFICATIONS: (Training/education/experience/physical demands required; provide 6-8 requirements)
1) University degree in Business Administration/Economics/Management or Finance
2) 3-5 years work related experience in an NGO is an asset
3) Fluency in English required
4) Excellent analytical skills
5) Good computer skills required
6) Good organizational skills
7) With ethical, integrity and honest behavior
8) Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationship both within and outside IMC
9) Willing to travel as the position requires frequent travel out of Tripoli
Gross Salary: 2,560 LYD (Local Tax not included and will be deducted from gross salary)
Starting Date: 1st November 2015