International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in undeserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/SCOPE OF WORK:
- Responsible for coordination of the work of sea rescue team at points of disembarkation, between sea rescue manager, medical teams and NFI teams
- Participate in the distribution of NFI kits as needed
- Ensure the quality and functionality of the health post, informing the sea rescue manager of any needs for improvements or area of concern
- Serve as the liaison officer for IMC with the any additional intervening actors
- Conduct profiling activities of persons brought to the point of disembarkation and prepare summary reports
- Provide updates of interventions to Sea Rescue manager
- Perform any other duty assigned by Supervisor after discussion and mutual consent.
- University degree, related to social sciences
- Experience in social and legal protection programs preferred
- Experience in managing teams
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to provide feedback/reports regarding work -related activities
- Able to speak in English with knowledge in written and verbal Arabic
- Full time commitment (8 hours availability) 5 days a week
- Flexibility in scheduling for after-hours response
NOTE:This position may require working evenings and weekends at unpredictable hours. International Medical Corps will provide additional compensation as per labor law for hours worked beyond the normal working hours.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you see yourself suitable please do not hesitate to send your c.v to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your name and the specific title of the position to which you are applying in the subject line.