Canadian based client focused consultancy founded on integrity and a global understanding of today's most challenging environments.
As a regional assessment consultant, the primary objective is to provide timely evaluation of the local security environment, with a high degree of professionalism and a focus on quality analysis. As the foundation for client based regional assessments, regional consultants are required to have extensive local knowledge and awareness. Consultants are expected to build and maintain effective networks within communities, local officials, and assistance partners.
- Act as the primary point of contact for strategic issues within the defined area of responsibility.
- On a Regional level, develop and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of the local environment scope and scale of security risks, and of the planning and conduct of tasks and activities at the National level.
- Maintain up to date regional security risk profiles of major centers, including Tripoli, Bengazi and Derna.
- In close coordination with the respective Project Managers and the respective country advisors, assist in the planning and advice on all security and safety matters.
- Provide regional security analysis and reports and disseminate these to Project Managers as necessary.
- Analyze security factors and levels of risk related to staff and dependents in the countries of the region as well as security of the organization's assets.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Chief of Programme.
Qualifications and requirements
- A University Degree in social sciences, political science or related fields is desirable;
- Part time commitment on project basis
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English and Arabic
- Strong Skills, or interest, research and analysis
- Experience of working with communities, and local governments,
- Experience of project management including monitoring and evaluation;
- Experience of assisting with project finances;
- A team player: able to demonstrate a constructive, cooperative and problem-solving approach;
- High degree of computer literacy
- The ability to travel to participate in trainings or other meetings with Project Management.
For additional information and consideration, please send you CV to firstname.lastname@example.org