The Regional Center for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (RCREEE) is a not-for-profit regional organization founded by governmental representatives from ten Arab countries in 2008 and headquartered in Cairo. RCREEE’s mission is to initiate regional policy dialogues and promote strategies and partnerships favorable to Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (RE&EE) investments in the member states of the Arab region.
For information on RCREEE and its activities, please visit http://www.rcreee.org
2- Objectives, tasks and responsibilities
The job’s objective is to Support RCREEE setting, designing and implementing its communication strategy and products.
Communications Strategy and Plan:
- Contributes to drafting and implementing the communications annual plan and strategy.
- Contributes to designing and managing targeted offline and online marketing campaigns to promote RCREEE initiatives, projects, training courses, publications and vacancies.
Marketing Materials and Brand Image:
- Contributes to developing and maintaining a consistent brand image, contents, key messages and communication strategies across different channels.
- Drafts marketing and communications collateral materials for the organization, organization's main projects and products including online contents, press releases, reports, and brochures.
Media Coverage and Relations
- Handles media relations, including drafting press releases, coordinating interviews and responding to journalists’ inquiries and media requests.
- Increases media coverage of RCREEE events and RCREEE presence in the media through different techniques and following up with journalists.
- Maintains RCREEE database of journalists and media outlets covering all media especially the specialized media.
- Produces monthly media coverage reports and quarterly evaluation
Stakeholders Database and CRM
- Manages and updates RCREEE CRM system, ensuring that contact information is updated, segmented, and correct based.
- Expands stakeholders database through different techniques based on communications strategy and stakeholders mapping
Digital Media and email Marketing Tools
- Develops and improve email marketing tools and newsletters for higher open and click rates on searching for news, blogs, publications about RCREEE member states and interesting events.
- Manages and maintains online presence through websites, directories, links popularity in terms of strategy, contents, and promotion
- Manages and maintains RCREEE social media channels and design strategies and campaigns for increase RCREEE outreach through these channels
- Promotes and increase download rate of RCREEE publications through different techniques
- Promote and circulate announcements for RCREEE vacancies and internship opportunities to increase applicants.
- Manages and executes customer satisfaction and impact evaluation surveys
- Answers customers inquiries on the media email
Public Relations and Outreach Activities:
- Contributes to outreach events value chain, laying out event plans, action items, and follow through all steps of execution.
- Maintains and increases RCREEE public relations activities.
- Manages and updates organization related websites with new initiatives, publications, stories, events and media coverage
- Maintains analytics system and report and recommends strategies to improve its performance
- Support technical project publications and briefs through reviewing/translation of content and maintaining and ensuring the quality of outputs.
- Develop project specific marketing campaigns according to each project plan
- Supports RCREEE projects and performs other relevant tasks as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree in communications, international relations, international development, marketing or any other relevant field.
- Master’s degree is a plus.
- Minimum four years of professional experience in a communications position.
- Demonstrated track record of similar work and creative copywriting.
- Experience working in a similar organization in the fields of RE/EE is preferred.
- Creative copywriting skills in both Arabic and English
- Fluency in Arabic and English (verbal and written). French is a plus.
- Excellent writing, public speaking and presentation skills.
- Clear and effective communication that builds relationships in order to mediate common interests.
- Advanced representation and negotiation skills.
- High level of computer proficiency.
- Promotes teamwork and cooperation.
4- General Terms and Conditions
The Communications Officer is required to work from RCREEE’s Cairo office on a full-time basis
Tenure of Appointment
The initial appointment will be for 12 Months including a 3 months’ probation period.
Contract extension will be subject to performance and availability of funding.
RCREEE is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
* This position is subject to availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
To apply please send the following to email@example.com with “Communications Officer” as a subject line:
- Detailed CV
- Cover letter highlighting relevant work experience
- Sample of work portfolio
Deadline: March 17, 2016
Emails without a subject line will be automatically discarded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.