Asia Middle East Economic Growth Best Practices (AMEG) Project
Libya Public Financial Management Project
TITLE: Libya In-Country Facilitator
ACTIVITY: Libya Public Financial Management (LPFM) Activity
General Summary and Background
The Libya Public Financial Management (LPFM) Activity is a USAID-funded pilot activity designed to deliver technical assistance to develop modern public financial management practices in Libya at the central and sub-national levels as well as to address reintegration concerns through workforce development capacity building to national and municipal-level counterparts. The activities implemented under the LPFM activity will further USAID’s objective to build a new stability in the Middle East and North Africa through the stated strategy of promoting economic growth and job creation.
The Libya In-Country Facilitator will be based in Tripoli serving as the official representative for the LPFM project in Libya. The Libya In-Country Facilitator will work to establish and maintain working relationships with national and subnational government officials, international donors including USG partners working in Libya, and other organizations (CSOs/NGOs) operating in Libya involved in strengthening governance programs in Libya to ensure effective coordination and collaboration in country. The Libya In-Country Facilitator will be based from his/her home and will have operations support from the LPFM Project Logistics Coordinator who will be based in the project office in Tripoli.
The Libya In-Country Facilitator will report to the LPFM Team Leader based in Tunis.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The Libya In-Country Facilitator will be responsible for:
· Working with national and municipal level Libyan government officials to determine how LPFM can continue to effectively support proposed PFM reforms at the national and municipal level
· Assisting with entering into agreements with national and municipal government units on LPFM project activity implementation
· Making periodic monitoring visits to municipalities and national ministries to check on project activities and to meet with counterparts for feedback
· Working closely with the LPFM local subcontractor Libya Transparency Association to ensure effective implementation of LTA support for PFM capacity building projects and other related activities in Libya
· Working closely with other LPFM partners in country on implementation of joint project activities
· Working with counterparts and local partners to resolve any issues that may arise during project activity implementation, as needed.
· Representing the LPFM project at donor coordination meetings with the Team Leader or as the designate for the Team Leader to ensure effective communication and collaboration with the international community on Libya governance project implementation
· Leveraging existing relationships and establishing and maintaining new working relationships with donor representatives based in Libya to ensure effective coordination in country on related governance activities at the national and municipal level
· Convening progress meetings with LPFM partners and counterparts in Tripoli if the security situation permits.
Ad Hoc Assignments
Duration of Assignment and Location
The duration of the assignment is on/about May 3, 2016 until July 31, 2017. The Libya In-Country Facilitator will be based in Tripoli, Libya and will be required to travel to other cities, as security permits for project coordination with periodic trips to Tunis for project management purposes and to update the Team Leader on project activities progress.
· Minimum of 20 years of experience in international relations and communications, international diplomacy, organizing international meetings and conferences and related experience.
· Experience working with senior level officials as the representative of an organization involved in building partnerships, entering into working agreements, and maintaining working relationships to ensure effective implementation of project initiatives
· Libyan national with international experience
· Maintain residency in Tripoli with the ability to travel to other cities, as security permits, and Tunis
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and in the subject line indicate position you are applying for ..