Asia Middle East Economic Growth Best Practices (AMEG) Project
Libya Public Financial Management Project
TITLE: Project Logistics Coordinator
ACTIVITY: Libya Public Financial Management (LPFM) Activity
DURATION: Long-term Assignment
General Summary and Background
The Libya Public Financial Management (LPFM) Activity is a USAID-funded pilot activity designed to deliver technical assistance to develop modern public financial management practices in Libya at the central and sub-national levels as well as to address reintegration concerns through workforce development capacity building to national and municipal-level counterparts. The activities implemented under the LPFM activity will further USAID’s objective to build a new stability in the Middle East and North Africa through the stated strategy of promoting economic growth and job creation.
The Project Coordinator, based in Tripoli, will provide administrative, logistical and operation support to the technical implementation of the LPFM in Libya. The Project Logistics Coordinator will work closely with all LPFM team members in Libya and Tunis to ensure smooth operations and technical implementation. This position requires a high level of professionalism and flexibility as the Project Logistics Coordinator will be working closely with high-level Libyan government counterparts, and other stakeholders and consultants to arrange meetings, workshops, and travel logistics.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Logistics Coordinator will be responsible for:
· Arrange for and oversee the maintenance of office equipment.
· Maintain LPFM files and ensure that all correspondence and documents are properly copied and filed in accordance with the filing system.
· Track utilization of all office supplies and procure supplies as necessary and maintain inventory of all project property up to date.
· Prepare all necessary administrative forms for project related items, such as travel and leave request forms.
Event Coordination and Logistics:
· Coordinate and organize project activities including LPFM training events and stakeholder workshops in Libya
· Prepare the paperwork and keep updated records for project activities including training event data for in-country and third country training events in accordance with USAID participant training regulations
· Confirm and receive RSVPs for meetings, including stakeholder meetings. Arranging meeting space and logistics by working with local vendors in Libya or coordinating with the Operations Manager in Tunis to organize events in Tunis.
· In collaboration with the Operations Manager in Tunis, prepare, maintain and track the budget for in-country events.
Vendor Relations and Procurement
· Manage vendor relationships and maintain relationships with office building management and maintenance.
· In collaboration with the Operations Manager in Tunis, assist with procurement procedures by collecting quotations from vendors and ensuring deliverables are received in a timely fashion and are up to standards and specifications agreed upon in the contract.
· Complete necessary procurement paperwork in line with Chemonics and USAID standards for Field Office record keeping.
Ad Hoc Assignments
Duration of Assignment and Location
The duration of the assignment is on/about May 3, 2016 until July 31, 2017. The Project Logistics Coordinator will be based in Tripoli, Libya and may be required to travel internationally to support Project activities events, as needed.
· Associates degree required. Bachelor’s degree in business administration or relevant field preferred.
· Minimum of five - six years of experience in administration or project management.
· Ability to deal with a diverse, multicultural environment
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
· Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with culturally diverse staff.
· Fluent Arabic speaker required; Proficiency in English required.
The Project Logistics Coordinator will report to the LPFM Team Leader and work in close coordination with the LPFM Operations Manager in Tunis.
Send your CV to email@example.com and in the subject line indicate position you are applying for ..