The International Committee of The Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The delegation of the International Committee of the Red Cross in Tripoli is pleased to announce a job opening for the following position:
Water & Habitat (WatHab) Field Officer in Tripoli Sub Delegation Office
Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
- In close coordination with the two supervisors, takes contacts with various interlocutors (Water authority, Electrical authority, Libya Red Crescent Society(LRCS), etc.) and assures follow-up.
- Organises meetings with interlocutors and assures follow-up.
- In line with the Sub-Delegation’s priorities, he plans and organizes visits to operational areas and project sites in the Area of Responsibility (AoR) of Tripoli Sub-Delegation (TRI SD )
- Coordinates his field trips with other departments of the SD TRI
- Assesses the needs related to water, sanitation, hygiene and “habitat” and collects all relevant information for the implementation of WatHab interventions.
- Coordinates closely with other ICRC departments of the SD TRI and identifies WatHab-projects in support of other department’s needs (e.g. PROT, Health)/multi-disciplinary and cross-departmental approach to achieve maximum effects of ICRC humanitarian activities
- Elaborates project proposals based on analysis and in line with WatHab objectives and the Sub-Delegation’s priorities.
- Submits written project proposals to the Regional WatHab Delegate in charge (including detailed work description, necessary drawings, BoQ, cost estimates etc.)
- Supports the Regional WatHab Delegate in charge in the preparation of tendering and contract documents if requested.
- Organises the material deliveries and assures necessary checking of the material and paperwork.
- Ensures respect of the ICRC financial, administrative and logistical regulation rules.
- Organizes and maintains the WatHab Department's filing (all relevant project documents).
- Provides input to operational reporting (WOR, bi-weekly reports and Quarterly reports).
- Updates and manages the WatHab Project Assistant database (WPA), with input from the Wathab Engineer in charge.
Required background and experience:
- University degree in a relevant field (ideally Civil Engineering)
- 2 years work experience in a similar field
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Good knowledge of the geographically assigned environment
Work Location: The position is based in Tripoli, Libya but professional travels inside the country & abroad to be requested from time to time
How to apply: Please send your CV mentioning at least 3 references and cover letter by email, with the subject reference “Water & Habitat (WatHab) Field Officer in Tripoli Sub Delegation Office” CVs without mentioning position & references will not be accepted.
Application closing date is Sunday 22nd of September, 2016..
Only short-listed candidates will be called for a written test and oral interview.