Position : Physiotherapist وظيفة : أخصائي علاج طبيعي
Handicap International is an independent and impartial international aid organization working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights. Handicap International is a not-for-profit organization with no religious or political affiliation. It operates as a federation made up of a network of associations that provide it with human and financial resources, manage its projects and implement its actions and social mission. For more details on the association:
TITLE: PHYSIO THERAPIST
PLACE: Tripoli– Libya
Project: Rehabilitation and Protection for IDP children
GLOBAL OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
The main objective of the physiotherapist position is to ensure appropriate rehabilitation care to children with injuries, children with disabilities and to provide technical support to health facilities in Tripoli
Line manager: Rehabilitation and Protection Deputy Project Manager
Line manager +1: Rehabilitation and Protection Project Manager
Team Managed: None
In collaboration with social workers, psychosocial worker and information management officer
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS DESCRIPTION
Under the direct responsibility of the Rehabilitation and Projection Deputy Project Manager, in close collaboration with the pluridisciplinary Protection/Rehabilitation team (social workers, psychosocial workers), and with the support of a HQ-based technical advisor, you will have to:
1. Identify specific needs of the programme beneficiaries, contribute to the assessment of these needs and/or directly assess these needs as required:
- Work as a team to identify, register and analyse beneficiaries specifics needs (disabilities and vulnerabilities) in the IDP camps
- Develop a community approach to ensure a confidence in HI process and project
- Ensure a global vision of the individual and familial needs in the identification
2. To assess functional capacities of the beneficiaries and identify their needs in terms of rehabilitation and specific items:
- Execute a rehabilitation assessment taking into account physical, social and environmental factors in a holistic way
- Based on the assessment, make a management plan, considering their functional needs, social situation and access to services, with provision of technical aids if required in coordination with the social workers
3. To offer safe and appropriate rehabilitation interventions:
- The rehabilitation interventions will need informed consent of the beneficiary and should be adapted to her/his essentials needs.
- The intervention should be adapted to the limitations of the emergency responses
- The therapist has to know and take into account contra-indications and precautions related to diverse illnesses, injuries and treatments.
- The therapist must ensure safety at all times when working with beneficiaries.
- He/she is responsible for the specific services provided to the beneficiary.
- He/she will provide follow up care when necessary
4. To refer beneficiary to other services when needed:
- The therapist has to be able to identify his/her own limits and ask for support when needed.
- He/she will have to recognize emergency situation or situations that need immediate medical care and react quickly to facilitate access to appropriate services.
- He/she will make internal and external referrals in response to identified non-rehabilitation needs in coordination with the team
5. Participate to technical support to health facilities
- Propose an training plan for the health facilities staff
- Train health facilities staff on emergency rehabilitation
6. Report data on follow-up on individual cases and organize the daily and weekly activities:
- Ensure a qualitative follow up of the beneficiaries and document the follow up according to the monitoring plan during registration period until exiting
- Ensure a daily quantitative and qualitative reporting through the tools (assessment form, follow up form, discharger and monitoring form, donation certificate) and system in place
- Organization of the weekly plan within the pluridisciplinary team, with the support of Rehabilitation & Protection PM and its Deputy
- Any other reports to be made upon line manager request
7. Participate in the analysis and reporting of global issues in the IDP population, with a focus on rehabilitation issues:
- In formal and informal meetings with the team, participate to a qualitative analysis of the different kinds of issues, at individual, familial and community level
- Participate to report with the tools and the internal system all issues identified
- Be part of a constructive holistic team work to develop a very qualitative analysis and response for disable and vulnerable persons
8. Participate to build other team members and partner organizations (in assessing the needs of people in terms of rehabilitation, mobility aids or assistive devices:
- Carry out training needs assessment and design training plan in collaboration with the technical advisor
- Implement formal training sessions on rehabilitation, mobility aids and assistive devices
- Provide informal and on the job training as needed
- Within its technical field and scope of work, assist and advise partners on handling cases and report difficulties to Rehab & Protection PM, Deputy PM and Technical Advisor
Apply now »