9. To demonstrate an ethical and professional practice:
- Respect beneficiary confidentiality.
- Respect and promote HI’s Policies on Sexual Exploitation and Abuse and Child Protection and report to your line manager any non respect of HI’s policies amongst the teams or partners.
- Address needs and requests in a professional way.
- Report any incidents or acts that cause any harm to beneficiary or to others.
- Always interact with children with the presence of their parents or caregivers
- Always ask the permission to touch or to apply any treatment or manoeuvres to someone.
- Always respect a refusal of treatment.
- Work with the best of knowledge and abilities to offer a good quality rehabilitation treatment.
- Show abilities and competences to execute an efficient rehabilitation intervention.
- Behave respectfully with regards to culture and religious backgrounds of beneficiaries
- Immediately report severe protection issues to Protection PM
10. To demonstrate willingness to improve professional competencies to increase quality of care:
- Demonstrate motivation at work.
- Demonstrate willingness to improve own knowledge and skills by participating actively in any training sessions and capacity building activities
- Demonstrate awareness of their professional knowledge and limitations
- Participate in the different activities that are common to all team members (identification of needs of beneficiaries, internal and/or external referrals)
- Respect each team member’s positions, work, and speciality
- Adapt to special situations or demands from supervisor.
The employee certifies his/her agreement to the terms and conditions of this job description. It is a full part of his/her contract signed with Handicap International.
No double job
Weekly hours: 40
Type of contract: Fixed term
Schedule: Sunday to Thursday from 08.30 to 16.30 including one hour lunch break (13.00 to 14.00)
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
You will have previous experience with NGO’s. You will be diplomatic and possess strong communication and interpersonal skills. You will be sensitive to the needs of vulnerable groups. You will be fluent in English (written and spoken) and Arabic.
Should possess initiative, good communication skills, strong analytical skills and the ability to support others, evaluate and negotiate appropriate options and ability to work under pressure.
A PLUS: previous experience with related position is well required
The position is based at Tripoli, Libya
Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer
Note that the Physiotherapist will be requested to remain very flexible, to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by his line manager.
Please send your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org subject: Physiotherapist candidature by the 30.09.2016