ACTED (Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development) is an international NGO founded in 1993 and headquartered in Paris. Its activities range from emergency relief to development projects. In 2006, ACTED implemented 160 projects in 18 countries spread over Africa, Central Asia, Europe, Latin America and the Middle East.
- ACTED (Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development), an International humanitarian, nonprofitable and nongovernmental organization, within the framework of its ECHO emergency response project for IDPs in the eastern part of Libya, is looking for highly qualified national staff for the following vacant position:
- Position: Monitor Assistant
- Department: Program.
- Gender: Any.
- Contract duration: 2 months(renewable).
- Location: Benghazi.
- Starting date: ASAP.
- Closing date: 27, Oct-2016.
The Monitor assistant Officer will be responsible for supporting the cash transfers project manager (PM) to ensure that performance monitoring and results reporting across the program are in place and effectively implemented. The Monitor assistant Officer will coordinate the activities of Data Collectors in the field. A strong candidate will be able to work independently to problem solve and prioritize tasks in a challenging environment. The position is more a field-based, with responsibilities in different locations. The position requires daily travel to the field, with the possibility of travels to Tunis as well.
- Previous experience conducting quantitative or qualitative social research strongly desired.
- A willingness to learn quickly, ask questions, and improve on his/her skills.
- Excellent communication, diplomatic and motivational skills with program staff, beneficiaries, and other stakeholders in the camp.
- S/he is committed to honesty and clarity in all data collection, and expects the same from cash for work staff.
- Strong attention to detail, and ability to prioritize and problem solve in a fast moving, multi-site environment.
- English and Arabic language skills are required.
- Computer skills: Word, Excel.
1. Field Monitoring
- a. Conduct field monitoring for cash transfers program in the field, according to the task list and schedule arranged by the PM and in coordination with data collectors, Program and Logistics teams.
- b. Monitoring tasks include field observations, ensuring accurate and timely collection of data, ensuring proper filing of data, interviewing beneficiaries and other tasks as they arise for the purposes of documenting and reporting on progress.
- c. Support the PM in training data collectors.
- d. Work closely with the PM to manage data collectors monitoring and data collection activities, including scheduling the tasks.
3. Assessment/Survey Design and Implementation
- Assist the PM in gathering and analyzing program data for donor reporting.
4. Other duties as assigned by the PM
- Translate assessments and surveys that incorporate ACTED’s standards on monitoring and evaluation.
- Work closely with the PM, data collectors and the Program team to ensure all assessment tools are translated and delivered accurately for the local context and understanding.
- Support the PM in training data collectors for all surveys/assessments, helping to ensure all data collectors understand the purpose and language used in the surveys.
- Supervise all data collectors as requested during field assessments and surveys.
- Facilitate focus group discussions with beneficiaries and conduct key informant interviews with NGOs, government and other stakeholders.
- TO APPLY: we look forward to receiving your CV by email to: email@example.com
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Closing date: 27th of Oct-2016