Qualified individuals must have strong engineering design and permitting experience related to pipeline systems engineering, system integrity, and construction, or experience related to piping in the oil & gas, or mining sectors. The successful candidate will be managing and engineering oil and gas pipeline systems projects that typically include relocation and protection of existing pipelines, routing of proposed pipelines, pipeline stress analysis, pipe sizing, development of permit documents, and trenchless construction design.
* Perform FEED Studies for proposed pipeline systems or modifications and associated facilities
* Provide engineering support to pipeline routing studies
* Prepare detailed engineering design of hazardous liquids, gas, slurry and other pipeline systems projects including design of trenchless crossings(Bore, Microtunnel, HDD)
* Prepare detailed engineering of pipeline facilities including pig launchers, manifolds, relief systems, measurement systems, terminal piping systems, etc.
* Prepare pipeline stress calculations associated with proposed pipeline crossings and horizontal directional drills.
* Participate in field/ site walks coordinate field investigation work for surveys, utility investigations, environmental delineations, geotechnical investigations, cathodic protection, etc. in support of the pipeline design effort.
* Coordinate engineering and survey services in support of right of way acquisition needs on pipeline projects.
* Review third party pipeline encroachments for impacts to the client’s pipeline system. Develop scope of work options and budgets to mitigate the encroachment.
* Prepare project funding documents such as cost estimates, equipment bid summaries and authorization requests
* Direct detailed engineering by junior engineering staff and designers
* Provide field project coordination, engineering services and troubleshooting with direct client interface
* Preparation and submission of permit application packages associated with pipeline projects
* Write or oversee technical reports
* Manage mid -size projects and teams up to $25MM in total installed cost.
* Contribute to projects with major focus in leadership of technical excellence or project management for larger or more complex projects
* Prepare proposals in response to client RFP’s.
* A minimum of 7 years of project engineering
* A minimum 5 years in the oil and gas pipeline sector with both project engineering and design experience or operating company experience
* Oil and Gas Pipeline operating company experience is a plus
* Experience with Business Development and Marketing of consulting services within the pipeline industry is a plus
* Understanding of Pipeline Hazardous Materials and Safety Administration
* Project management experience or certifications
* MS Office competent – strong Excel skills preferred
* Willingness to travel domestically and internationally as dictated by project demands