The American Bar Association, Rule of Law Initiative (ABA ROLI), an international organization based in Washington D.C. and with programs supporting the rule of law in more than forty countries, is seeking a talented Program Officer to support its programs in Libya. The Program Officer will work closely with ABA ROLI staff, special advisors, and Libyan partner organizations to assist with the design, implementation and evaluation of programs to support the strengthening of rule of law in Libya. The Program Officer will be responsible for coordinating specific program activities and supporting technical aspects such as writing reports, preparing background materials, conducting legal analysis and research, and managing logistical arrangements for activities including conferences, meetings and training events.
The applicant must have the following qualifications.
· A degree in law is required..
· Minimum of 2 years of demonstrated experience practicing law and/or successfully supporting programs and/or activities related to law, human rights, democratic processes, or other related areas.
· Experience preferred in the development and implementation of work plans, and the monitoring and evaluation of program results.
· Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a team of professionals.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Knowledge of government and legal systems of Libya.
· A strong work history demonstrating high performance, good attendance, enthusiasm and dedication to the mission of the organization.
This position is for a national or legal resident of Libya. To apply, interested persons should send their CV with a letter addressed to “ABA Country Director” summarizing their qualifications for this position. Letter and CV should be in English. Please send your application to Recruitment12hr@gmail.com with the subject line of your e-mail stating “Program Officer”.