- ACTED (Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development), an International humanitarian, nonprofitable and nongovernmental organization, within the framework of its ECHO emergency response project for IDPs in the eastern part of Libya, is looking for highly qualified national staff for the following vacant position:
- Position: Sub-office Manager.
- Department: FLAT.
- Gender: Any.
- Contract duration: 6 months.
- Location: Sabha.
- Starting date: 01-01-2017.
- Closing date: 27-12-2016.
The Sub-Office Manager is in charge of the management of ACTED’s facilities in the sub-bases of Sabha to ensure smooth implementation of activities and respect of ACTED procedures, in the areas of intervention. The Sub-Office Manager will support and manage security and safety within the area of interventions with support from the Office Manager and Country Security Manager, and under the direct supervision of the Office Manager.
- Previous experience in this field.
- A willingness to learn quickly, ask questions, and improve on his/her skills.
- Strong attention to detail, and ability to prioritize and problem solve in a fast moving, multi-site environment.
- English and Arabic language skills are required.
- Computer skills: Word, Excel.
1. Management of the sub-base facilities
· Ensure maintenance of the premises (office/guesthouse), offering an adequate working environment for all ACTED team;
· Manage interactions with the owner of the premises;
· Supervise the logistics department in ACTED premise management duties;
· Supervise the logistics department in ensuring the base facilities are provided with adequate quantities of fuel, gas, water for regular operations purposes as well as security stocks;
· Supervise the logistics department in taking the adequate measures to ensure the safety of the staff and premises with the support of the Country Security Manager.
2. Supervision of support departments
· Supervision of support departments (Admin-HR, Logistics and Finance) in their daily work including but not limited to reporting and follow-up tools and files (TITANIC), coordinating with all relevant departments both at the field and capital levels;
· Review, check all administrative docs i.e. contracts, bills, vouchers, etc., sign the necessary logistic documents only according to authorization and PoA in place;
· Support the support departments in their interactions with the program teams, especially the logistics department to ensure smooth implementation of projects activities and any other tasks run in the area (e.g. filing of compliance documents);
· Ensure the support part of the weekly planning (logistic, finance and HR) for all activities;
· Maintain strong communication with ACTED Tunisia in terms of management and implementation of system, FLAT procedures and programs;
· Ensure support team’s work is compliant with ACTED internal manuals and procedures, conduct regular check to identify possible gaps or breach in procedure follow-up and advise Compliance Officer of necessary training and support needed at the field office level;
· Maintain constant and fluid communication with ACTED Tunisia on all matters regarding the field office and sub-office, in particular in the absence of the latter from the areas of intervention;
· Assist in recruitment process of support staff under the direct supervision of the CFM and CD;
· Conduct appraisals of staff under his/her direct supervision.
3. Internal Coordination and relations with other departments
· Chair and actively participate in required internal coordination meetings (weekly area meeting, FLAT weekly meeting, monthly area meeting, monthly coordination meeting, etc.), resulting in clear outputs (e.g. weekly plans);
· Chair support department meetings and FLAT area meetings, and circulate minutes and action plans to area office on time;
· Work to ensure smooth and efficient coordination between AMEU (Appraisal, Monitoring and Evaluation Unit), Project teams and support Departments in all the project activities;
· Tightly collaborate with the project manager to be informed immediately of any deadlocks and challenges impairing the project implementation and progress;
4. Security and Safety
In close coordination with the Office Manager and the Country Security Manager:
· Support the CSM in his tasks if necessary, in particular the monitoring of the security situation in the sub-base, and reporting of security and safety incidents as laid out in the Country Safety and Security Plan;
· Follow up and report to CSM on staff’s adherence to security and safety rules in the office, and the implementation of all other provisions from the Security and Safety Plan in the area;
· Contribute with suggestions and inputs to the continuous update and improvement of ACTED’s security posture in the area.
· Commit to the humanitarian principles of strict neutrality, religious and political impartiality and non-discrimination;
· Report and clarify any work-related issues and challenges to supervisor in timely manner;
· Respect time including to work, meetings, deadlines and other reasonable requests;
· Maintain a good team spirit and stimulating working environment amongst staff and colleagues;
· Commit to honest, high quality work in all aspects of responsibilities;
· Be solution-driven;
· Consider safety and security in the field, and immediately report all incidents to the security focal point.
· Undertake any other tasks as reasonably assigned by the area coordinator.
TO APPLY: We look forward to receiving both: Cover letter+ your CV with references attached by email to: email@example.com before the deadline.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Closing date: 27th of Dec-2016.