Employment Opportunity at Cesvi Libya
Position: PSS manager / Part-time
Closing date for applications: January 4th 2017
Background on Cesvi
Cesvi is a non-governmental, international humanitarian organization working for global solidarity in 30 countries throughout the world. Cesvi has been working in Western and Eastern Libya, with support from international donors and cooperating with local counterparts, since March 2011 in the following sectors: Provision of emergency relief to conflict-affected families, support to the local agricultural sector, child protection and promotion of a favorable protection environment for refugees, asylum seekers and irregular migrants.
Background on the project
The project “Psychosocial emergency response and recreational activities for children exposed to violence in Benghazi” funded by UNICEF in partnership with Cesvi will focus on the response to the protection needs of displaced children by offering psychosocial support and recreational activities in 4 public schools within Benghazi.
Objective The PSS manager will be in charge of training and building the capacity of teachers and social workers on basic psychosocial support, in the four public schools targeted. The PSS manager will be liaising with the Child Protection Officer and the CPO assistant in order to organize the capacity building.
Tasks and responsibilities
· Conduct a preliminary assessment in close coordination with MoE and the Child Protection Officer, in order to select the 4 public schools.
· Support in the incorporation of psychosocial programming into the formal education system by offering psychosocial support and recreational activities in the 4 public schools in Benghazi
· Develop capacity building programmes and assist in training for teachers, social workers and staff, possibly in priority thematic areas such as:
o Child rights
o Psychosocial support
o Identification of children who are distressed and in need of extra support
o Creation of Referral systems to meet children’s needs
o Effective communication with children,
o Disciplining without violence,
· Provide technical guidance and directives for effective planning, implementation and monitoring of agreed child protection plans including the psychosocial recovery (care) of and assistance (legal and social) to vulnerable children and their families;
· Provide technical guidance for the organization of the awareness sessions in the selected 4 schools targeting teachers, social workers, parents and children.
· Coordinate with Cesvi team for the planning, logistic and financial aspects of the project.
· Manage and carry out collection, analysis and interpretation of field data and prepare reports;
· Closely coordinate with Cesvi staff and participate in regular meetings with partners and other stakeholders;
· Fulfil any other additional task requested by the CPO or other authorizing personnel;
Profile and requirements
· Qualification or experience in Child Protection (especially Child Protection and SGBV), Psychology, Counselling, Social Work
· Sensitivity in dealing with displaced people and strong cross-cultural communication and resilience skills
· Familiarity with emergency, Child Protection and gender mainstreaming
· Experience in supervising and mentoring other staff
· Good command of written and spoken English;
· Average IT skills: Microsoft Word and Excel;
· Accuracy in collecting and analyzing data;
· Professional behavior in representing CESVI when dealing with external actors;
· Capacity to work both independently and in a team.
· Reliability, proactivity and ability to carry out tasks independently, truthfulness and accuracy in reporting;
· Capacity to apply gender, ethnic and environmental sensibilities to programme activities.
Qualified candidates with the required skills and qualifications are invited to submit their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CVs), cover letter in English through email to Mr. Mahmud Elagami email@example.com, stating in the subject of the email: “Application for PSS manager Benghazi”, before 4th January 2017. Applications sent after the deadline will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Employment Opportunity at Cesvi Libya Position: PSS manager / Part-time Location: Benghazi Closing date for applications: January 4 th 2017 Background on Cesvi Cesvi is a non-governmental, international...