Alqabas clinic - Tripoli, a new name in the healthcare sector of Libya today. With fully-equipped operating clinic in eye care sector. Our services guarantee both quality & satisfaction.
We are seeking an Accountant who will be ready to take on the position of Finance Manager.
For further information or to submit your CV at the Responsible, please send to the following email:
The Finance Manager provides both operational and programmatic support to the Clinic. The FM supervises the finance unit and is the chief financial spokesperson for the Clinic.
He is fully responsible for all financial management aspects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Create, Coordinate and evaluate the financial programs, and supporting information systems of the Clinic to include budgeting, real-estate and conservation of assets.
• Oversee and approve all changes, enhancements related to the Clinic financial management system.
• Ensure compliance with the local authorities with regards to all financial aspects and reporting.
• Oversee the approved processing of revenue, expenditure and position control documents, ledgers, and the Clinic account maintenance.
• Develop and obtain approval for the Clinic financial policy and processing procedures, and ensure its enforcement once endorsed by senior management.
• Assist in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the organization's mission and help execute staff succession and growth plans.
• Train and/or Coach the Finance department and other staff on raising awareness and knowledge of financial management matters.
• Work with the CEO on the strategic vision including fostering and cultivating stakeholder relationships, as well as assisting in the development and negotiation of contracts.
• Participate in developing new business, specifically: assist the CEO in identifying new funding opportunities, the drafting of prospective programmatic budgets, and determining cost effectiveness of prospective service delivery.
• Assess the benefits of all prospective contracts and advise the CEO on programmatic design and implementation matters.
• Help CEO and department heads with the preparation of the operating budget.
• Work with the CEO through cost analysis support, and compliance with all contractual and programmatic requirements. This includes: 1) interpreting legislative and programmatic rules and regulations to ensure compliance with all Libyan contractual guidelines, 2) ensuring that all government regulations and requirements are disseminated to appropriate personnel, and 3) monitoring compliance.
• Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the Clinic including: organizational revenue/expense and balance sheet reports, reports to funding agencies, development and monitoring of organizational and contract/grant budgets.
• Develop, enhance and maintain systems of financial internal controls to safeguard financial assets of the Clinic.
• Oversee coordination with the external auditors ensuring that compliance issues are met, and the timely preparation of the annual financial statements in accordance approved Clinic and best business practice.
• Attend Board and Subcommittee meetings; including being the lead staff on the Audit/Finance Committee.
• Monitor banking activities of the Clinic.
• Ensure adequate cash flow to meet the Clinic's needs.
• Investigate cost-effective benefit plans and other fringe benefits which the Clinic may offer employees and potential employees with the goal of attracting and retaining qualified individuals;
• Oversee the Clinic financial status of monthly reports including reconciliations, as well as financial statements and cash flow projections for use by Executive management, as well as the Audit/Finance Committee and Board of Directors.
• Oversee Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable and ensure a disaster recovery plan is in place, in co-ordination with the IT department.
• Oversee business insurance plans and health care coverage analysis.
• Oversee the maintenance of the inventory of all fixed assets, including assets purchased (computers, etc.) assuring all are in accordance with relevant regulations.
• Ensure agreed covenants and repayments with banks and other lenders are maintained.
• Monitoring cash flows and ensuring necessary liquidity to manage the Clinic working capital and long-term financial requirements.
Qualifications and Experience
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, preferably a master Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business.
• At least one professional qualification such as CPA or the equivalent.
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a senior financial accounting position;
• Minimum of 2 years as CFO or finance manager with a medical firm;
• Up to date knowledge of current financial and accounting computer applications;
• Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational and written skills;
• Good knowledge in computer Operation.