§ Bachelor Degree in communication; Master degree in communication would be plus.
- At least 2 years of field experience in communication department of a company/Civil Society Organization
· Experience in development of successful awareness campaign/communication plan is an asset
· Good knowledge of media stakeholders in Libya
§ Familiarity with the aid system, and ability to understand donor and governmental requirement
§ Excellent communication and drafting skills;
§ Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office;
§ Being a strong team player and adept at creating a strong team spirit;
§ Ability to work with culturally diverse groups of people;
§ Ability to travel and work in difficult conditions and under pressure;
§ Highly proficient in written and spoken English and Arabic
§ Strong knowledge of Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint…), and knowledge of other design softwares (Publisher, adobe illustrator, Photoshop…)
The Communication Officer role is to develop the communication plan of ACTED Libya and CIL and ensure its implementation, especially (but not exclusively):
- Identify target groups with specific communication channels/messages/supports to reach them (institutions, CSO’s, general…)
- Ensure the functioning of the CIL – LG website and the creation/update of content
- Create social media accounts and update it regularly with new content
- Manage the community of ACTED/CIL on social medias
- Organize relation with the traditional media (TV/radio/newspaper) to cover ACTED/CIL events and draft press release
- Develop the banners/kakemono and all visibility tools for ACTED/CIL, in relation with logistic
- Provide communication inputs for development implementation of awareness campaign
- Any other communication/visibility initiative
- Develop the key ACTED/CIL messages/talking points to be known by all ACTED/CIL staff
Develop specific tools/support to improve internal communication (information sharing, database …), in relation with IT and programmes/FLAT staff.
The Communication Officer in Libya is based in Benghazi, with regular travels in Tunis/abroad, and regular travels within Libya in areas of operation, following ACTED security procedures.
TO APPLY: We look forward to receiving both: Cover letter+ your CV with references attached by email to: email@example.com before the deadline. THE POSITION YOUR APPLIYING FOR HAS TO BE SUBJECTED IN YOUR EMAIL OTHERWISE YOUR CV WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Closing date: 26th of Feb-2017