TITLE: Business Development Advisor(s) (to be based in Tripoli, Sabha, Misrata and/or Benghazi)
ACTIVITY: Libya Public Financial Management (Libya PFM) Activity
DURATION: Short-term or long-term assignment
General Summary and Background
The Libya Public Financial Management (Libya PFM) Activity is designed to deliver technical assistance to develop modern public financial management practices in Libya at the central and sub-national levels as well as to address reintegration concerns through workforce development capacity building to national and municipal-level counterparts. Under Component 2, the Libya PFM activity conducted a workforce development market assessment to identify possible sectors, important skills and beneficiaries for a workforce development / competitiveness, business growth pilot activity leading to employment creation in 2 – 4 of the key economic centers of Libya. Libya PFM will build on the assessment findings to develop and roll out the pilot activity aimed at creating employment through business growth created within partner enterprises of the private sector in Libya. This will be done in partnership with active private sector players (Libyan enterprises) as well as through potential partnerships with local/international organizations with competitiveness and private sector technical assistance and workforce development expertise.
Libya PFM is hiring Libyan business development advisor(s) based in the pilot activity cities under the guidance of lead employment generation and competitiveness technical staff based in Tunis.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The business development advisor(s) will be responsible for working under the guidance of employment generation and competitiveness staff in Tunis to help guide:
Competitiveness, private sector and workforce development pilot activity implementation
· Developing a network of suitable partner enterprises in their geographical areas. This will include the following:
o Build relationships with candidate enterprises, leading to development of a shared vision about enterprise needs and recommendations to improve their competitiveness, create business growth and create jobs;
· All aspects of implementation of the competitiveness, business growth, workforce development and employment creation pilot activity. This includes the logistics and organization of business growth oriented action plans for private sector enterprises, competitiveness enhancement, training and job creation activities focused on reintegrating former combatants and youth into the economy in their designated city;
· Assisting the employment generation technical team in Tunis to determine the appropriate private sector enterprises, local partner(s) and counterparts for implementing the competitiveness, business growth and workforce development pilot activity and for developing and maintaining the working relationships with the local partner(s) through the pilot activity implementation in their designated city;
· Assisting with identifying and selecting potential beneficiaries for job creation and related pre-employment and OJT training activities working closely with the local partners, local government and other resources available for identifying potential beneficiaries;
· Travel as needed to Tunis for review of progress and receipt of technical training from Tunis-based technical team;
· Preparing concise weekly and a final report in conjunction with the Tunis-based technical team on the company research and selection process.
Ad Hoc Assignments
· As part of the contract, the Consultant will support the project team and help achieve the following deliverables:
o At least 30 new enterprises qualified with at least an outline of a draft partnership agreement directly related to the assistance to be delivered by the project; and
o Weekly reports to update the Team on enterprises contacted and appointments arranged.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
1. Bachelors or Masters degree in business administration, management, finance or related areas.
2. At least 5 – 10 years of business, manufacturing, competitiveness or export activities experience as well as ideally, development and/or training and development experience preferably in the designated city
3. Knowledge of latest private sector competitiveness developments
4. Customer centric
5. Strong verbal and written communication skills in both Arabic and English
6. Organized and able to multi-task and work under tight deadlines
7. Ability to work with international and local organizations as well as with private sector enterprises.
8. Able to maintain high levels of confidentiality, credibility and professionalism.
9. Proven experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment
The consultant will report to Tunis-based employment generation senior consultant(s) and Component 2 Team Leader. This assignment will take place in Libya, with possible business trips to Tunisia. The period of performance is March 15 through July 30, 2017.
Intersted candidates must sent their resumes and covering letters to email@example.com , only shorlisted candidates will be contacted .