ZALMAT one of the professional Accounting & Auditing offices working with different local & foreign companies looking for an experienced Senior accountant to oversee general accounting operations.
Senior accountant responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing year-end close procedures. A successful senior accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts.
Senior accountant duties also include ensuring accuracy and effectiveness in all of our accounting tasks.
• Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable
• Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results
• Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
• Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency
• Provide technical support and advice on Management accountant
• Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
• Manage accounting assistants and bookkeepers
• Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process
• Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule
• Assist with tax audits and tax returns
• Plan, assign and review staff’s work
• Achieve year-end close process
• Liaise with our Registered Auditor and Accounting manager to improve financial procedures
• Represent the office in meetings.
• Proven experience as a financial controller, accounting supervisor, chief or senior accountant
• Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
• Awareness of business trends
• Familiarity with financial accounting statements
• Experience with general ledger functions and the year-end close process
• Advanced MS Excel skills
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
• BS degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant
• Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
Please send your history/resume and letter of interset to email@example.com. Applications received after 28.04.2017 will not be considered.
Only short listed wil be contacted.