Background on ACTED
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. We go the last mile: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. With a team of 4,300 national staff 300 international staff, ACTED is active in 35 countries and implements more than 490 projects a year reaching over 11 million beneficiaries.
Under the direct supervision of the Projects Coordination team, the Project Officer will be involved in the management and implementation of the social entrepreneurship project. He/She will be responsible for identifying potential for-profit projects with a social impact, managing the sub-grants for these projects, conducting capacity-building training for the selected youth and providing overall support to the beneficiaries. Tasks also include assisting the Appraisals, Monitoring and Evaluation Unit (AMEU) in conducting assessments throughout the implementation phase of the grants, ensuring compliance during the grant implementation and following up with the selected projects for reporting.
Chain of Command
Under the authority of:
AME Officer in Tripoli
- Projects Coordination Team
- Base Managers Tripoli
- AME assistants in Tripoli
- Senior AME Officer in Benghazi
- Civil Society AME Officer in Benghazi
- Project Managers Tripoli
- Tripoli Finance Officer
- Tripoli Logistics Officer
Beneficiaries of the project
- Conduct data collection for AME activities in Tripoli – this could include household visits and phone interviews with beneficiaries, monitoring of workshops and trainings, surveys with civil society organizations and local authorities.
- Support the design of monitoring, evaluation, assessment tools for the assessment of cash-based and civil society programming in collaboration with the Country AME Officer and Civil Society AME Officer. This will likely include pre-distribution monitoring surveys, post distribution monitoring surveys, beneficiary verification questionnaires, monitoring checklists, pre and post training knowledge and practices exams, etc.
- Support organization of the logistics of all AME data collection activities in Tripoli (car rental, Lib Aid coordination, scheduling visits, etc).
- Perform data cleaning, analysis and report writing for Tripoli cash-program and price/market monitoring AME activities.
- Collect photographs on ACTED project and AME activities in Tripoli, beneficiary interviews, and create communication pieces (flash news stories, articles etc.).
- Ensure that beneficiaries and staff are aware and use the complaints response mechanism (CRM). Work with the CRM focal point to ensure that complaints are referred and followed up appropriately.
2 . Coordination
- Ensure findings and lessons learned from AME activities are communicated to the relevant programs staff and changes are incorporated into their programming.
- Coordinate with local partners, particularly LibAid, for the delivery of AME activities in Tripoli.
- At least 1 year of field experience in monitoring and evaluation, collecting/analyzing datas or managing a database strongly preferred
- Familiarity with the aid system, and ability to understand donor and governmental requirement is preferred
- Ability to work with culturally diverse groups of people;
- Ability to travel and work in difficult conditions and under pressure;
- Highly proficient in written and spoken English and Arabic
- Proficient knowledge of database softwares (Access, Excel…)
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint…)
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation of international cooperation projects is an asset
Salary defined by the ACTED salary grid.
Submission of applications
Please send your application including cover letter, CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title: AME assistants Officer – Vacancy. Ref:AMES-TIP