The Data Collector will report to and be under the direct supervision of ACTED Cash Transfer Project Officer tor based in the area of intervention. The Data Collector will be responsible for the implementation of ACTED’s data collection for its Cash Transfer Programming in the field.
Under the authority of:
ACTED Cash Transfer Project Officer
Reporting to the Cash Transfer Project Officer, the Data Collector will be responsible for the implementation of ACTED’s data collection in the field.
Project Officer, AME Team.
The Data collector will be responsible for:
1. Primary data collection
· Conduct face to face and phone interviews and group discussions with identified households
· Ensure anonymity of respondents and develop relationship of trust and safe space during data collection exercise with respondents
· Accurate recording of data collected
· Provide daily feedback to the Cash Transfer Project Officer regarding any challenges faced during data collection (incl. tool development, stakeholder and respondent management)
· Liaise and maintain good relationships with the management of partners during joint exercises
· Data management support
· Ensure the reliability of the primary data by supporting the Cash Project Officer with data cleaning and triangulation of findings
· Be available to follow up on missing/incongruent information, as required
• Commit to the humanitarian principles of strict neutrality, religious and political impartiality and non-discrimination;
• Report and clarify any work-related issues and challenges to supervisor in timely manner;
• Respect time including to work, meetings, deadlines and other reasonable requests;
• Maintain a good team spirit and stimulating working environment amongst staff and colleagues;
• Commit to honest, high quality work in all aspects of responsibilities;
• Be solution-driven;
• Consider safety and security in the field, and immediately report all incidents to the security focal point;
• Undertake any other tasks as reasonably assigned by the area coordinator
Previous experience in data collection required.
Previous experience in humanitarian context required.
Excellent computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office, required.
B. Submission of application
A resume, a cover letter and three references should be submitted to the following Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org under Ref: TIP//DAT