The AME Officer, in close cooperation with the Project Manager and Country AME Officer, will develop and manage the Monitoring & Evaluation strategy for ACTED’s unconditional multi-purpose cash assistance program in Sabha. He/she will contribute to building ACTED’s overall M&E capacity, enhancing the overall use of clear program logic, sound data collection and analysis methods; and facilitating assessments and monitoring that are integrally linked to program design. Furthermore, the AMEO officer will support the monitoring and evaluation of Civil Society and Local Governance projects in Sabha.
- Manage the Project’s AME activities related to cash-programming in Sabha with the support of the Country AMEO based in Tunis.
- In collaboration with the Civil Society AMEO in Benghazi, manage data collection for Civil Society and Local Governance projects in Sabha .
- Ensure that the Country AME Officer is kept informed of all AME activities on the ground in Sabha . This involves completing a weekly AME follow up document in conjunction with the two AME assistants.
- Line manage two AME Assistants in Sabha
- Design monitoring, evaluation, assessment tools for the assessment of cash-based programming in collaboration with the Country AME Officer. This will likely include pre-distribution monitoring surveys, post distribution monitoring surveys, beneficiary verification questionnaires.
- Manage the logistics of all AME data collection activities in Sabha (car rental, Lib Aid coordination, scheduling visits, etc).
- Perform data cleaning, analysis and report writing for Sabha cash-program and price/market monitoring AME activities.
- Collect photographs on ACTED project and AME activities in Sabha , beneficiary interviews, and create communication pieces (flash news stories, articles etc.).
- Ensure that beneficiaries and staff are aware and use the complaints response mechanism (CRM). Work with the CRM focal point to ensure that complaints are referred and followed up appropriately.
- Build staff capacity through the training provision on record keeping, drafting concise and accurate program report, proposal development and project monitoring.
2 . Coordination
- Ensure findings and lessons learned from AME activities are communicated to the relevant programs staff and changes are incorporated into their programming.
- Coordinate with local partners, particularly LibAid, for the delivery of AME activities in Sabha .
- Bachelor Degree required, preferred in fields related to statistic/database management or monitoring/evaluation of projects or project management.
- At least 1 year of field experience in monitoring and evaluation, collecting/analyzing datas or managing a database
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation of international cooperation projects is an asset
- Familiarity with the aid system, and ability to understand donor and governmental requirement
- Excellent communication and drafting skills;
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office;
- Experience managing staff
- Being a strong team player and adept at creating a strong team spirit;
- Ability to work with culturally diverse groups of people;
- Ability to travel and work in difficult conditions and under pressure;
- Highly proficient in written and spoken English and Arabic
- Strong knowledge of database softwares (Access, Excel…)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint…)
- Willingness to travel outside of Sabha.
TO APPLY: We look forward to receiving both: Cover letter+ your CV with references attached by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline. THE POSITION YOUR APPLIYING FOR HAS TO BE SUBJECTED IN YOUR EMAIL OTHERWISE YOUR CV WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Closing date: 20th of Sep-2017