Vacancy No: LN09LIB
Post Title: PROCUREMENT ASSISTANT
Organization: EUBAM Libya
Duration: 8 months with possibility of extension
No of posts: 1
Sex: Male/ Female
Date Announced: 18/08/2013
Closing Date: 01/09/2013
OPEN TO LIBYAN RESIDENTS ONLY
The European Union Integrated Border Management Assistance Mission in Libya (EUBAM Libya) is present in Libya since April 2013.
Interested Libyan nationals should submit their applications no later than 01/09/2013, closure of business.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Interested applicants MUST submit the following documents only via email to email@example.com and MUST indicate the vacancy No in the subject line of their email (e.g. LN09LIB).
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of high school/secondary diploma
- Copy of academic certificate(s)
- Copy of national passport
- Proof of Libyan residency
- Three (3) contact details of references from former employers or academic instructors
Note: Candidates are required to bring original certificates to the interview. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Successful candidates will be subject to a security screening.
The Procurement Assistant will support the EUBAM Mission in providing high quality support to the international staff in the implementation of the Mission’s mandate. This position reports to the Procurement Officer or the designated alternate, and is responsible for:
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Manage the administrative cycle of simplified tender procedures (below 20.000 EUR) and when requested, assist international officers in managing procedures above 20.000 EUR
- Assist in simplifying and standardising low purchase tender procedures
- Support the processes related to the review, recording and prioritization of purchases
- Provide information and guidance to requesting units in preparing their requests
- Support the drafting of tender documents (from Requests for Quotation to Purchase Orders or Simplified Contracts) based on the nature of the requirements and the cost of procurement involved
- Inform affected users of contractual rights and obligations and support the daily project management issues
- Maintain relevant internal databases and files, and support the drafting of the weekly and monthly reports
- Draft internal/external correspondence
- Maintain the highest levels of confidentiality when dealing with assigned materials, and all EUBAM information
- Perform any other related duties as instructed by the Procurement Officer or the designated alternate.
Qualifications and experience
- Completed secondary education combined with extensive previous experience in procurement, contracting and administration. Any academic qualification, preferably in public or business administration, project management, finance, accounting or other related field would be considered an asset.
- A minimum of 4 years progressively responsible procurement, contracting and administrative experience, of which ideally 1 year working within a multi-national and/or international environment or organisation
- Excellent knowledge of internal procurement policies procedures and experience in their application to the purchase of a wide range of supplies and services
- A thorough knowledge of the local market as well as knowledge of the channels for procuring items in the international market
- Knowledge of purchasing and accounting techniques, financial rules and regulations would be an asset.
- Excellent Arabic and English oral and written drafting skills
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel etc.).
- Knowledge of European Security Defence Policy (ESDP) Missions and EUBAM Libya activities in Tripoli is desirable
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, in difficult circumstances, as well as ability to communicate with personnel at operational and strategic levels
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, complete assigned tasks within strict deadlines and consistently maintain quality and accuracy in the performance of duties
- Meticulous time keeping, ability and willingness to work additional hours if required
- Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relations in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
- Mandatory requirement to pass the security clearance and medical checks
- Ability to maintain a clean, safe and hazard free working environment and the highest standards of personal appearance at all times
- Additional language skills are desirable