Vacancy No: LN10LIB
Post Title: SECURITY ASSISTANT
Organization: EUBAM Libya
Duration: 8 months with possibility of extension
No of posts: 1
Sex: Male/ Female
Date Announced: 18/08/2013
Closing Date: 01/09/2013
OPEN TO LIBYAN RESIDENTS ONLY
The European Union Integrated Border Management Assistance Mission in Libya (EUBAM Libya) is present in Libya since April 2013.
Interested Libyan residents should submit their applications no later than 01/09/2013, closure of business.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Interested applicants MUST submit the following documents only via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and MUST indicate the vacancy No in the subject line of their email (e.g. LN10LIB).
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of high school/secondary diploma
- Copy of academic certificate(s)
- Copy of national passport
- Proof of Libyan residency
- Three (3) contact details of references from former employers or academic instructors
Note: Candidates are required to bring original certificates to the interview. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Successful candidates will be subject to a security screening.
The Security Assistant will support the EUBAM-Libya Security Department in providing high levels of support to the international and local staff in implementation of the EUBAM mandate. This position reports to the Senior Mission Security Officer or a delegated Mission Security Officer.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Implementing and supervising access control measures under the supervision of SMSO
- Ensuring proper implementation of all SOPs issued by the Security Department
- Establishing, updating and implementing security measures in the area, in liaison with other Security actors
- Conducting security orientations and induction trainings for the Mission’s national staff
- Organising security meetings for the Mission’s security personnel with law enforcement agencies and other organisation as directed
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships between the Security Department and other law enforcement institutions present in the area
- Assisting and liaising in gathering and sharing of information between the Security Department and other law enforcement agencies
- Providing comprehensive reports on any incidents affecting the Mission local staff and initiating any necessary follow-up action with the appropriate authorities
- Performing and coordinating security assessments of locations and personnel as directed
- Maintaining the highest levels of confidentiality when dealing with assigned materials, and all Mission information, including not being allowed to provide or discuss any information or document as a result of access to sensitive information related to the Mission or respective tasks and activities
- Performing any other related duties as instructed by the line manager or designated alternate.
Qualifications and experience
- Completed secondary education combined with extensive previous experience in security management, or graduation from a military/ police academy and/ or a civilian security organisation with specialised training in field operations, force protection and/ or security. Any academic qualification, preferably in a security related field would be considered an asset.
- A minimum of 4 years of progressively responsible experience in a security related work environment
- Very good network of relevant contacts and relationships in national and local government, security organisations and individuals
- Very good English oral and written skills
- Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel etc.)
- Knowledge of European Security Defence Policy (ESDP) Missions and EUBAM Libya activities in Tripoli is desirable
- Proven ability to successfully negotiate and liaise at all levels with national military, police or civilian authorities responsible for security
- Proven aptitude to compile and analyze information with specific regard to security related aspects
- Good knowledge of the methods involved in the development of security procedures
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, in difficult circumstances, as well as ability to communicate with personnel at all operational and strategic levels
- Meticulous time keeping, ability and willingness to work additional hours if required
- Ability to exercise and maintain the highest standards of personal integrity, operational and personal security, confidentiality, impartiality and self-discipline, including non-disclosure of classified and/or sensitive documentation or information related to the Mission or the Mission personnel
- Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relations in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
- Mandatory requirement to pass security clearance and medical checks
- Ability to maintain a clean, safe and hazard free working environment and the highest standards of personal appearance at all times
- Additional language skills are desirable