The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance Working for the ICRC means projecting a certain image of the organization. The ICRC expects all its staff to behave appropriately at all times, wherever they may be. All staff members must ensure that their attitude is in line with the principles of the organization, in both their professional and private lives. Please visit www.icrc.org for more information.
Restoring Family Links (RFL) Field Officer - Sabha
The position will be based in Sabha Office
The successful candidates will be in charge of implementation and running of protection programmes, independently and in coordination with other colleagues, Maintains contacts with stakeholders at various levels.
Tracing/Re-establishment of family links (RFL) :
- Implements the delivery and follows up on the delivery of RFL services in the Sabha area of responsibility (e.g. Red Cross Messages (RCMs), phone calls, tracing requests, etc.).
- Carries out field trips to follow up tracing requests from families who have lost contact with their loved ones.
- Receives visitors related to tracing cases. Regularly interact with the RFL delegate in Tunis on the activities carried out, notably by reporting statistics.
- Under the supervision of hierarchy and in close coordination with other colleagues, takes part in the organization, implementation, and follow up on visits to Immigration Detention centres in the Sabha area of responsibility in line with the ICRC principles and standard working procedures.
- Provides support to the team during visits to Immigration Detention facilities in other Areas, when requested.
Management of the Dead:
- Under the supervision of his hierarchy and in close coordination with the Tripoli-based RFL/missing field officer, implements activities related to the management of the dead in the Sabha AoR, as requested.
- Processes and handles general information and individual data accurately, confidentially, and in accordance with ICRC data protection rules and guidelines. In coordination with the Data Administrator based in Tunis, ensures a proper management of the data in Sabha AoR.
- Ensures the proper filing of reference documents using the relevant tools.
- Writes internal visit and field trip reports as well as minutes of meetings and workshops as requested; Contributes to general (e.g. weekly operational report) and other internal reporting (e.g. tracing, RFL statistics); Contributes to the identification, monitoring, analysis and reporting on trends in Sabha AoRs, particularly in relation with RFL but also other fields.
- Exchanges information accordingly with his hierarchy and peers.
Required background, skills and experience:
- University degree.
- 2-4 years of working experience in a similar field.
- Strong advocacy & analytical skills
- Very good command of written and spoken Arabic and English
- Very good computer skills
- Capacity to work independently
- Able to manager and maintain data with strict confidentiality
- Ability to work in a team
- Capacity to apply ICRC rules and procedure
- Excellent organizational and methodical abilities, sense of initiative
- Service oriented with a strong sense for setting of priorities and flexibility.
- Interest for humanitarian activities (especially ICRC's).
We offer a rewarding and enriching work opportunity in a humanitarian and international environment with initial training and on-boarding.
Interested Candidates with the required background and experience are invited to submit their application with 3 references to email@example.com before 15th of February 2018, with the title in the email subject “RFL Field Officer in Sabha”.
CVs not mentioning the position in the subject line, will not be considered
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for tests and interviews.